Most of these supplies can be purchased at you local craft
and stamp stores
Kitchen Sponge, cut into small pieces
JoSonja's or any glass medium
Gold Metallic Jacquard or Pearl-ex powders
Gold Acrylic Paint
Tissue Decoupage Papers - Fun & Funky
1) Clean glass plate with soap and water. Let dry.
2) Cut out your decoupage paper designs. Use a small pair of
embroidery scissors. Pre-arrange your designs on your
3) Remove white paper backing from cutout. If you want
a opaque look apply white acrylic paint to the back of
4) Put a generous amount of glue on glass and front of image
using wet fingers, press image to glass, apply glue to back
of image working with glue and wet fingers, gently work out
air bubbles with your fingers, pressing from the center
outward. If the image moves slightly while working the
air bubbles out, you have enough glue.
5) Use kitchen sponge to clean up excess glue on glass.
Let dry, do remaining clean up with wet kitchen sponge. If
you want to layer a second image, let dry, and repeat step
6) The background was done by using a makeup sponge and
sponging on light coats of a Josonja's Glass Medium mixed
with a gold metallic powder (ratio 1 to 1) by Jacquard.
Let dry, apply 2 more coats.
7) Final coat of paint was two coats of a gold acrylic
paint painted on using a sponge brush. Let cure for 48 hours. Apply two coats of water based
semi-gloss varnish with a soft brush. I like Minwax
semi-gloss water based varnish. Let dry.